For more than 64 years, McCrossan Boys Ranch has changed the lives of many young boys. It is our goal to continue providing New Hope for a Better Life for many, many years to come.
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.
Looking for committed, long-term staff. Full time position.
Regular hours are Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and as needed to assist with special events and tours.
The Development Assistant is responsible for the clerical functions of the Development Office and for assisting the Director of Development and the Assistant Director of Development with public relations and gift procurement activities.
Education & Experience: high school diploma or equivalent
Skills: ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail software; possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle
Physical Requirements: general office environment will include sitting, standing, walking, filing, keyboarding, etc.; physical activity related to picking up donations including ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
• Oversee the storage and sorting of donated items. Maintain the donation room. Pick up donated items from donors as needed.
• Maintain and organize all supplies, materials, computer files, & physical files used in the Development Office.
• Maintain and update database of donors, donations and potential donors.
• Assist with special events by soliciting donations, collecting donations, materials, and supplies, and helping set up for the events. Attend and work at all special events.
• Assist with answering the telephone.
• Assist with covering the front desk in the absence of the Executive Assistant.
• Assist with creating, producing, and distributing newsletters, brochures, press releases, campaign letters, invitations, and other publications and promotional materials.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors, corporate and foundation sponsors, and the general public. • Assist with fundraising campaigns.
• Schedule and lead tours of facility to visitors as assigned. Assist the McCrossan Visitor Center when needed.
• Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
Looking for committed, long-term staff.
Part time position. Must be willing to work weekend and holiday shifts. Cooking mainly on weekends (7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m-7:00 p.m.) and as needed to cover kitchen shifts during the week (6:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. or 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.)
Benefits package available for part time staff: 403(b) Annuity Retirement Plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, employee assistance program, employee recognition program, among other benefits.
General work environment will include: sitting, standing, walking, filing, keyboarding, etc.; physical activity related to foodservice and to maintaining facility including ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time; physical activity related to caring for clients including ability to physically restrain clients using approved restraint techniques. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail software; possess a valid driver's license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
McCrossan Boys Ranch will:
Ensure equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable equal opportunity/affirmative action laws, directive, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies or agencies.
Ensure equal opportunity to all qualified volunteers or applicants for volunteer service.
Offer a positive work environment with helping and caring individuals who have a common goal of giving "new hope for a better life" to those clients we serve.
For employment related questions, call (605) 339-1203.
When there are no open positions we will keep your resume or application on file for one year. We will contact you if we feel that your qualifications meet those required for any of our open employment or volunteer positions during the next year.
Click below to view application for employment.
© McCrossan Boys Ranch | 605.339.1203 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 47135 260th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Powered by Complete Media, Inc.
McCrossan Boys Ranch is a 501 (c) 3 Sioux Falls nonprofit organization specializing in the mentoring, counseling and teaching of at-risk boys and young men. Donations to McCrossan Boys Ranch may be tax deductible. EIN: 46-0311913